Monday, January 26, 2015

Matthias 2nd Homecoming and Our First hike of 2015

First evening home after a 10 day hospital stay with RSV-Bronchiolitis, which included
5 days on the ventilator.  Matthias recognized home, but it took some warming up to being here and trusting that no one was going to poke him for blood or blast him with oxygen.

Daddy so happy to be reunited with his "little man"

11am at Rowena Crest, Columbia River Gorge
 Saturday 1/25/2015

11am at Rowena Crest, Columbia River Gorge
 Saturday 1/25/2015

This 2 1/2 yr old nearly hiked all of the 3 miles on his own!
So proud of him.
His legs were like jello by the end, with him falling on level ground.  It reminded me of how I felt after night skiing with my dad on Mt St Helens with only the light of a full moon.  I was 12 though, and when we reached the logging road to ski back to the vehicle I found my self falling with the slightest lean to the left or right.

Captured in the light of the sun...
a true moment in time with my son

Brothers

Johannes exclaimed,
"Look Mom!  An "S" like in my name"

Falling but not defeated

Beautiful

No other words needed...


Brother's pleased to have reached "the top..."

Really just shy of the top of Tom McCall Trail....
We (Janelle and I) are excited to raise these boys to be hikers and conquerers in this life.

No comments: