Don't be fooled! Any candidate that wins the presidency of the United States (historically or presently) is tolerable (democrat/republican: "they" don't care) to those who supply the money! Sorry to be such a cynic, but America's leadership unfortunately has become/or maybe always has been mere puppetry in my opinion. :o)
The auctioned election process is designed to reduce the field to two candidates who will each receive hundreds of millions of dollars apiece from the same pool of donors. Just take a look at the lists of top donors for Obama and McCain from the last election in 2008.
Obama’s top 20 list included:
- Goldman Sachs ($1,013,091)
- JPMorgan Chase & Co ($808,799)
- Citigroup Inc ($736,771)
- WilmerHale LLP ($550,668)
- Skadden, Arps et al ($543,539)
- UBS AG ($532,674), and...
- Morgan Stanley ($512,232).
McCain’s list, meanwhile, included (drum roll please):
- JPMorgan Chase & Co ($343,505)
- Citigroup Inc ($338,202)
- Morgan Stanley ($271,902)
- Goldman Sachs ($240,295)
- UBS AG ($187,493)
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher ($160,346)
- Greenberg Traurig LLP ($147,437), and...
- Lehman Brothers ($126,557).
Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/iowa-the-meaningless-sideshow-begins-20120103#ixzz1j74Kh5rv