Friday, May 18, 2012

Spring

Enjoying Spring
Training up my baseball team...

Everyday I am greeted with, "Do you want to play baseball...or ride bikes...or play soccer?!!!"
I am so happy to oblige my boys, as they never once have asked to play a video game, and rarely ask to watch a movie, unless they feel sick  :o)
May it always be so!

Hannes gets to join the team, now that he has his own mit!

My latest placement of the flagstone;
I have moved these around the place about 4 times since moving here


We have had a wonderful time watching a mother Cardinal nest in a bush off our porch and now look what has hatched.  The boys are being so good to only be observers and not disturb.
We have been reading about them and have learned that Cardinals raise their young a team.  The female nests for approx 21 days, while the male feeds her, then the baby's are fed by both parents for the first 9-11 days, then the mother begins building a second nest for round 2 of laying and nesting, while the father continues to feed and raise the first clutch.  Pretty awesome!

This is our Mosquito Magnet 


No comments: